This is Reason 24
Better support for large monitors
6X5 and 6X4 grids have been added specifically for large monitors so more content can fit on the screen. This, paired with the ability to make charts and tables of any size, means that users with large computer monitors can fit a large amount of information into one worksheet and get a very comprehensive view for interpretations in one glance.
How to use this feature:
To choose one of the larger grid sizes for a worksheet:
1.Click on the worksheet name in the top right corner.
Click on Worksheet Title
2. This will bring up the Worksheet Properties Menu. Go to the Dimensions section and scroll through until you find the ones named 6X5 and 6X4. Select one so that it is highlighted.
Worksheet Properties Dimension Selection
3. The worksheet will automatically change so you can preview the new grid before officially applying it. When you’ve found the grid you’d like to use, press OK. Note all the white space that is added, making space for an additional 21 charts or tables.
Tips: If you have a smaller screen but can read small text, you can use this feature to see more information in one place even without a large computer monitor.
To see how to resize charts and tables on a worksheet, see Feature “Resize charts and tables to any size” (listed in the Related Useful Features section below).
Better support for tablets and notebooks
Better support for tablets and notebooks New grid sizes, designed to show legible charts in small spaces, have been added for tablet and notebook users.
Want to use Parashara’s Light on a small Windows based tablet/screen? (Windows RT is not supported)
Open the Screen Options screen by going to the Options top drop down menu and selecting Screen Size Options OR by going to the wrench and screwdriver button on the top toolbar and clicking on the Screen button in the sub menu.
The screen looks like this:
Screen Option Menu
Changing Screen Options: If charts are too small, choose a different layout in the drop down menu on the left. The ‘single cell’ option works great for small phones. 3 columns X 2 rows works well for large phones/equivalently sized tablets.
If the bar with the native’s name/birth data and tabs just above the worksheet are taking up too much room, un-check them on the left. If you decide to un-check them but still want to see the native’s name and birth information, select Name and Birthdata on the right side and this information will appear as part of the top toolbar.
Changing Toolbar Options: If the top toolbar and change time tool icons are too big, select Medium or Small from the icon drop down menus on the right. You must close the program and reopen it for that change to take effect.
If your tablet or phone has a narrow screen and the top toolbar doesn’t fit properly, select the Compact navigation checkbox on the right. This will condense the top toolbar. You will loose the option of navigating to specific worksheets, but you will be able to select the main categories of worksheets (birth, compatibility, transits, etc.) and get to the first worksheet of that section.
Adjust the DPI to match that of your tablet/notebook in the drop down menu just below Layout.
How to change to smaller grid size on individual screens:
To choose one of the smaller grid sizes for a specific worksheet (rather than all of them as described above) –
1. Click on the worksheet name in the top right corner. This will bring up the Worksheet Properties Menu.
Click Worksheet Title
2. In the Worksheet Properties Menu, go to the Dimensions section and scroll through until you find the ones 3X2 or smaller (3X2, 2X3, 2X2, 2X1, 1X2, and 1X1.) Select one. It will be applied to the worksheet temporarily so you can see how it looks.
Worksheet Properties Menu
3. When you’ve found the grid size you want to use, press OK, and it will be applied for use.